Wednesday, October 6, 2010

belonging in my own studio

 So here are the two paintings working as one. I used gunpowder on the dark (only on the left painting). I wiped it away with lots of turp. Interesting , the original sharpie line left a white line surrounding the black marker. I don't know how that the yellowish highlight got onto the top of the trip. I am okay with some of the drippings. The drippings echo the extensive brush marks. The upper left branch seems to need more definition. I think I might do this again. Using different a color scheme. 
I really like the gunpowder. The red dot burns nicely, but not darkly enough. The pyrodex is too too smokey! I will be looking for something in between. 
My lights came in for the sculpture. I think I will try this tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment