Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring: The Global Water Crisis

Cloudbursting, 2010
I am grateful to have been included in this show It's Raining, It's Pouring: The Global Water Crisis  in the Wiseman Gallery at the Rogue Community College in Grants Pass, OR.  The exhibit runs from Nov. 2- Dec 9, 2011. Please stop by if you are in the area.
Ideas about water and drawing started in the summer of 2010 while I was in Ireland. During my thirty-day residency at the Burren College of Art, eighteen days were wet, cold and blustery. The rainy days did not allow for en plein air painting. Instead of fighting with nature, I decided to include her as a partner in my work. A collaboration with rain began. Here is one of the many works that I did from the Burren College of Art; it is Cloudbursting (named after one of my favorite Kate Bush songs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment