Monday, March 12, 2012

Sometimes you meet the coolest people

Sometimes you meet the coolest people. This is the case with my  visiting professor this summer, Virginia Maksymowicz, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Art & Art History, Franklin & Marshall College. We hit it off. I admired her tenacity, brillance, kindness and her kinship to the feminist movement. She encouraged me to join the Women's Caucus Association (WCA)/Philly chapter - it was one of the best decisions that I made. I look forward to attending my first meeting in April. Joining the WCA provides artist exhibit opportunities - themes range from human trafficing to using renewable sources. The group provides opportunities to connect with other women artists and to network with each other. I am honored to say that work was accepted to show with them at the Sandy Springs Museum 17901 Bentley Road, Sandy Spring, Maryland. The show is called ReUsing our Resources. The show is from June 13-Sept. 9 and the opening reception is June 24 from 2-4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment