Thursday, August 2, 2012

Exhibit Opportunities

Just a couple of opportunities for you.

First, do you know about the August Break? Really, check it out. Susannah Conway's blog is really insightful and her book, This I know, is a must read. The daily practice of investigating one's world through a camera lens is a glimpse into the world around us and a chance to see how others examine our common space. I set the limits this year from 7:00-8:00 am or pm. I love the transitional times of sunrise or sunset. There is such a refreshing openness to limit setting. I have an hour to discover something special about the world; an hour to find my voice; an hour to find 5 amazing shots. Why 5 - that is the max amount of shots I can upload to the group page on Flickr. Anyhow, it is still not too late to join this group and discover a new adventure for August. See my daily shots at Tumblr, Pinterest or Flickr. 

Do you work in wood? Check out this show for New Hope Arts Center.


Are you on Tumblr? Would you love to be a  BLOUIN/ARTINFO Summer Friday's featured artist? Click here for more details.

The Shore Institute of Contemporary Art has sent the prospectus out for its annual juried show. Consider submitting your work. If you get into the show - please let me know. Since I live in Asbury Park, I often write about SICA and would love to feature  you in my blog.

Vox Populi is offering solo show opportunity for those living outside Philadelphia area. Check it out.

Lastly, if you work or live in Monmouth or Ocean County, NJ - please enter your work into the Back to School Exhibit with Gallery U.  Hurry, this deadline is Aug. 19.

I am pleased to announce that my work will be in the Ocean County Arts Guild Exhibit this September.  An encaustic work with an image of a crow. Reception is Sept. 9 - so if you are in the area, stop by!

If you enjoy reading this blog - please click the follow button to the left. Please share this blog with your friends. Thanks.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura :) I'm Ana Eugénio from Portugal and I'm doing the August Break with you too ;) hope you have an extraordinary week ahead. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just headed over to your blog! Your's is a great blog - I adore your watermark on your images! very clever!

    ReplyDelete