Thursday, November 22, 2012

a list of thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving!


There is so much to be grateful for this year- family, friends, great neighbors, a house that is still intact after Sandy, a job that I enjoy and my artwork.

I am especially grateful for -

A review in the Philly Burbs from the New Hope Arts Center's Works in Wood Show.  Gwen Shrift writes about me-  a series of works by Laura Petrovich-Cheney, who used wood salvaged from boats for some highly relevant compositions. Wow! That felt great!

A solo show at the Abington Art Center this winter. My first ever!

Having been at the opening reception to PAFA's The Female Gaze. If you are in the Philadelphia area, please visit the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts The Female Gaze: Women Artists Making Their World. My professor from Moore College of Art & Design, Alice Oh, and my friend, Diane Burko, have works in this collection. Diane Burko also wrote an amazing essay in the catalog. I highly recommend this show for all artist, but most especially, all women artists in the area. 

Lastly, I guest blogged for the WCA Philadelphia Chapter and listed a few art ops there. Click here for that link. I am grateful that I joined this group and the new friendships that I have made!



No comments:

Post a Comment