Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday, Monday

Looking back over the weekend, I wish that I had gotten more done than I did. The holidays are always a bit stressful with family, this year particularly so.  My husband's family is dealing with a terminal illness and my family is dealing with rebuilding the family summer home on Pelican Island. The stress came from both sides this year and unfortunately, I let that stress effect my work schedule. I need to get a box outside the studio that says "dump personal problems in here before entering."

What I did get done, though, was find more wood and organize it in the studio. I may not have been productive in getting work done, but I did get some major cleaning and organizing of wood done. For that, I am grateful because today's studio work can begin the minute I walk in the door.

I went to Belmar, Avon and Spring Lake to collect wood. The final part of my trips are Seaside, Ortley, Union Beach and Seabright. Then I have made the rounds. It seems that I will have to write a new artist's statement for this work even though it will be similar to the salvaged boat and barn pieces, the meaning behind has changed.

Monmouth Beach

Monmouth Beach








Bayhead

Bayhead

Long Branch



Belmar

Belmar
One of the biggest concerns that I have is where are the large piles of trash going to go? What will happen to it all? Each town has its own heaping pile of mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment