Saturday, February 9, 2013

Studio Montclair - Montclair Art Museum Night


Fourteen Studio Montclair artists were selected by curators Martha Kelshaw, Manager of the Public Programs, Montclair Art Museum, and Patricia Selden, Art Advisor, Consultant and Exhibitions Coordinator of Studio Montclair. We presented our work at the Montclair Art Museum on Feb. 7, 2013 in Leir Hall during the “Free First Thrusday Nights.”



The event was amazing for several reasons. I had the opportunity to connect with some very brilliant and professional artists that evening. I was humbled and honored to have been presenting with this group. Studio Montclair, Inc. (SMI) calls itself an “organization of exhibiting professional artists and others interested in the visual arts. Its mission is promote culture and education in the visual arts and encourage emerging artists.” They are not kidding. These artists were professional, talented and very skilled. (Consider joining - their mailing of artistic opportunities is top notch!) Submitting my work for this presentation stretched my comfort zone. I have not had that many opportunities to publicly and formally speak about my work. I know that I need the practice – and this was the chance. This event at Montclair Art Museum graciously provided me with the practice that I need – for that I am grateful.  

After the presentation, Peter and I enjoyed the live music, food & drink, as well as the exhibits at the museum. My favorite was the Native American collection, which was initiated by Mrs. Henry Lang. The jewelry was specatular. 

The Scholastic Gold Key Award winning student exhibit was also on display. Joann Onnembo of Bergen County Technical Academy  and Allison Procacci from Cresskill Public Schools were just a few of the  teachers who had their brilliant students’ work on display. Congratulations to the teachers and the students!

Since this event was only for one evening, I would like to share with the websites of the other participating artists. Please take a look at their work – I think that you will be very impressed.



strange to see my work so large on a screen!













No comments:

Post a Comment