Friday, August 2, 2013

August News

Thanks to Don Stein, my Arctic Circle Residency has made the press. It was on the front page of our local paper, The Coaster. You can read about it HERE.

#AugustBreak2013 Day 2: Circles

This is my third year participating in The August Break. This year there is nice twist - Susannah Conway gave of a list of daily photos. I love that kind of structure. My first year, I took photos at 11:11 am. I tried for the 11:11 pm - but I am not a night owl. You can follow my daily photos on Instragam.

Last Friday, I had my first group show in Brooklyn-the Small Works show at the  Trestle Gallery. It was a blast. I meet some wonderful people and saw amazing art work.

Taney Roniger's pinpricks on graphite paper. Just very cool.

Pinprick Series, CA #2

Vincent Stracquadanio's Archival Ink and Gouache on Found Paper Series. It was the quietness of the work that drew me in.

Jo Bradney's Afternoon Candy- loved the colors!



Arshes Anasal's work: Well crafted and clever.

World in a Box

Globe

Stacey Holloway's installation: thought provoking, direct message.


I couldn't find the tag for this one in my iPhone, but the image is beautifully painted.

Delightful encaustic works by Amy Weil- 



Finally, one of my pieces:
Twisted

I had two pieces - Containment and Twisted.


















No comments:

Post a Comment