Monday, February 17, 2014

A sad farewell

The art world lost three amazing people this month.

The first was a friend and colleague from The Arctic Circle, Terry Adkins. Terry was a nice guy, amazing artist and musician. The art world lost a good man. 

photo by Laura Petrovich-Cheney

To read more about Terry, please click here and here

In January, I meet the amazing  gallery director of Feature, Inc. - Hudson. I was at his gallery (review here) and looked forward to attending his gallery openings and getting to know him. Read more about Hudson here.

Lastly, someone that I admire very much and would love to have meet was Nancy Holt. Her bio can be read here. 


All this death has had a profound effect on me, particularly Terry's death.  It brings back so much sadness and I feel so terrible for his family that I never met. I know that grief. Last summer, I lost my father and in 2012, I lost my brother-in-law and his wife. Knowing that I am almost at the mid-point of my life, I am beginning to make some major changes in my life. Life is too short not to pursue one's dreams. But dreaming needs planning and planning is what I am doing now. More on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment