Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Summer on the Island

I am so thrilled and honored to be exhibiting with the Sculptor's Guild for the Governor's Island Art Fair (GIAF) this summer. In 2012, I had visited the art shows with Kristin Osgood and thought that it would be amazing to have an installation in one of the houses. You can read about that trip here. If you want to read more about GIAF, click  here. 




This is the view of Manhattan from GIAF. Lucky for us the day was beautiful.


Of course, installing art work for the GIAF has its privileges and that is driving on the island. I was first on the ferry with my truck and the view was amazing.


Look for my work in Nolan Park - Building 19A, second floor.



All Trees of Wood Shout for Joy, 2014.
7 pieces, variable sizes.
wood, roots, stumps, thread rod and wire





No comments:

Post a Comment