Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer Fun

I once read that you should have enough work on hand to be ready for a  solo show at given moment. If the MoMA or Tate London were to call today, I would be out of luck. All my work is currently over the tri-state area. Mind you, I am not complaining, I just need to find more time to create.


when it comes to weighing down work, antique irons made wonderful weights where clamps can't fit




What happened was really simple - I applied for the annual alumni exhibit at Moore College and was accepted. Then my piece was moved to the first MFA alumni exhibit and the gallery asked for an additional piece. This is the DATABODY exhibit. 

Then there was an opportunity to exhibit at Northeastern University, Gallery 360, in Boston. I have ten pieces in that exhibit. 

Lastly, I was offered an exhibit at Kean University for a collaboration with Premiere Stages. There I have 27 pieces. Plus, there is work at the Noyes Museum and at the William Ris Gallery in Stone Harbor.

The summer has been busy for sure - and it is just the way I like it!


The Kean University experience was been especially rewarding. There was an article written in this month's NJ Monthly This exhibit is in conjunction with a theater production, By The Water, which is about a family in the midst of a crisis and hurricane sandy. The collaboration of performing and visual arts strengths both communities. Lastly, 10 years ago I spearheaded the Art Educators of New Jersey annual artist/teacher exhibit at Kean University, where I am now currently showing my work. It was always my believe that art teachers should be able to express themselves as artists and I had strived to create an opportunity for art teachers to have a venue to do so. 

The second annual artist/teacher exhibit at Kean, 2006.

Here are some before and after installation views of By The Block Exhibit.




James Howe Gallery
Vaughn Eames Building
Kean University
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083

Gallery Hours:
July 16-Aug 2
Thursday, Friday & Saturday 6:00-8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday, 1:00-3:00 PM

Artist Talk and Reception Sunday July 19 at 5:00 PM

Fall Gallery Hours resume Sept. 1, 2015

For tickets to  see the play By the Water, please click HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment